Fourth President: Alistair Wilson
Third President: Lester de Souza
Second President: Professor John Wong
- Graduate & Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- Orthopaedic Residency in Southern and Northern Ireland
- Cappagh Orthopaedic Residents’ Prize
- Masters in Surgery from University College, Dublin
- Fellow in Paediatric Orthopaedics at Children’s Hospital of Buffalo, New York
- Consultant Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Surgeon at Altnagelvin Hospital, Londonderry
- Chairman of the Scientific Committee of the Irish Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society (IOFAS)
- Member of the Research Committee of the American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society (AOFAS)
- Reviewer for Foot and Ankle Surgery, The Surgeon, Ulster Medical Journal, Indian Journal of Orthopaedics, Pediatrics International.
- Over 50 peer–reviewed publications in International Journals
- Clinical Skills Tutor for 3rd Year Musculoskeletal Teaching, Queen’s University Belfast
- Honorary Lecturer in Orthopaedic Surgery, Queen’s University Belfast.
- Course Organizer for IOFAS Instructional Courses
- Honorary Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Ulster
First President: Professor Michael Stephens
Prof. MM Stephens is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon specialising in foot and ankle surgery for adults and children.
Prof. Stephens was director of foot clinics and offered a six month accredited international clinical fellowship in foot and ankle surgery in paediatric and adult foot & ankle surgical experience.
His practice now is dedicated to the treatment of foot and ankle disorders in adults and children in private practice in Ireland.